Application Due Date:
Reporting to the Manager, Emergency as Registered Nurse, you will join CMH as we embrace a new era of care, expanded services and innovation. Construction is underway of a modern 5-storey tower and total renovation of all existing inpatient care and clinical support areas. Completion of our brand new hospital is set for 2019 and will include:
- Patient care areas that are doubling in size, including larger surgical suites to accommodate advanced minimally invasive surgical equipment and an Emergency Department with dedicated treatment areas for mental health and different surgical subspecialties.
- A patient-centered building design that promotes healing and intuitive way finding, while maximizing natural lighting and sight lines to the natural beauty of the Grand River
- An increase in beds from 143 to 197 to accommodate expanded services like Surgery, Mental Health and Intensive Care. About 80% of inpatient rooms will be single occupancy to meet the latest infection control and building code standards for hospitals
As a key member of the Critical Care team, the successful incumbent provides direct care to patients within the framework of the Registered Nurse. The RN will work in collaboration and interact with all members of the Emergency department multidisciplinary team and other personnel. The successful incumbent demonstrates professional responsibility, is accountable for own practice, and demonstrates actions consistent with hospital policies and procedures. This is a part-time position to work all shifts, days, evenings, nights including weekends and statutory holidays. The physical demands of the role may include but are not limited to prolonged sitting, standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling. This position contributes to ensuring there is a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. Other duties as per job fact sheet.
Posted hours do not constitute a guarantee that shifts will not be subject to change.
- College of Nurses of Ontario Certificate of Registration required
- RN Diploma required, BScN preferred or in progress
- Recent two years’ experience in Emergency required
- ACLS, BCLS required
- ATLS, PALS preferred
- Excellent physical assessment skills required
- Outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written) required
- Excellent problem solving and crisis intervention skills required
- Keyboarding skills and knowledge of Meditech and OmniCell a definite asset
- Proven dedication to an interdisciplinary team approach required
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment essential
- Regular attendance is required