Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is currently accepting applications for Patient & Family Advisors.
How do I become a Patient and Family Advisor?
Advisors are patients or family members who have experienced care at CMH, ideally within the last two years. They are reliable, committed and believe the time they invest will help make a difference. They are able to see beyond their own personal experiences and show concern for more than one issue or agenda. They are comfortable sharing their views, are great listeners and respect the privacy of others. As someone who easily works with others, the advisor is committed to improving care for patients and their families. If this sounds like you, please complete the on-line application.
What kind of responsibilities will an advisor have?
The advisor will ensure the patient and family experience is reflected in all CMH services and policies. As a person committed to patient centred care and continuous improvement, this may include:
- Advising on and sharing information.
- Sharing stories and personal experiences as appropriate.
- Supporting patient-centred care at CMH.
- Providing opinions as they relate to CMH programs and services.
- Participating as partners in the planning and operations of specific programs within the mandate of the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC).
- Providing feedback on CMH’s patient experience metrics
- Reviewing and providing feedback on items referred to the PFAC, which may include policies, procedures and communication strategies.
- Responding to requests for Patient/Family Advisors to participate on committees, task forces, working groups.
- Preparing an annual PFAC report.
- Evaluating the performance of the PFAC annually.
What is the time commitment?
Meetings will be held monthly or at the call of the chair. The council may determine to not meet during certain periods of the year (e.g., summer). Meetings will be approximately two hours in length. Sometimes, you may be asked to participate in an activity or special project, to help support the Patient and Family Advisory Committee. At a minimum, you will likely volunteer about 4 hours per month. Once accepted, the membership term is two years, renewable for a maximum of 3 terms (6 years).
How do I apply?
It’s Easy! Simply complete this on-line form.
How do I get more information?
Please call the President’s Office at CMH at 519.621.2333 ext. 2350