Cambridge Memorial Hospital's Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) was first formed in December, 2014. It is the first hospital-wide Patient and Family Council in the Waterloo Wellington region. The purpose of the council is to provide a patient or family member perspective to CMH decision making processes and services. Patient and Family Advisors make recommendations that influence and support CMH’s goal to provide an exceptional experience for patients and their families.
PFAC has a lot of influence and reports directly to the President and CEO. CMH’s Board of Directors and the Board’s Quality Committee receive regular updates on the work the council does.
What has the Patient and Family Advisory Council done?
PFAC has done a lot since it was formed. It has:
- helped shape important patient communication (parking, signage, information, etc.)
- reviewed hospital policies and procedures
- advocated for free visitor Wi-Fi at the hospital
- added the patient perspective with decisions around the interprofessional model of care initiative
- participated in the interview process for influential hospital hirings
- ...and much more!
How can I share my voice with CMH and my community?
There are many ways you can make a difference at our hospital:
- Our hospital is accepting applications for Patient and Family Advisors. If you want to make a difference in the way health care is delivered, this volunteer position might be the opportunity for you.
- Our Mental Health Program is accepting volunteers to become Mental Health Family Advisors. Click to learn more.