Linda Rodrigues, Manager, Volunteer Services
Phone: 519-621-2333 Ext. 2368
122 Years of Service
The CMH Volunteer Association has been providing assistance to Cambridge Memorial Hospital for 122 years. Many volunteers are needed to provide ongoing support to our patient service and revenue producing programs. All volunteers are members of the Volunteer Association and develop a commitment to volunteering at CMH. The Volunteer Association is always in need of volunteers who are able to donate some time to enhance services to our patients and visitors. Adult volunteers are 19 years of age or older.
CMH is fortunate to have over 370 volunteers who, during the last year, provided over 40,400 hours of their time to the patients and staff at CMH. During 2010-2012, the hospital received more than $120,000 in donations from the Volunteer Association; this money primarily went to the purchase of much needed medical equipment.
The CMH Volunteer Association has 5 Revenue Producing Services:
- The Tim Hortons Coffee Shop is owned by the CMH Volunteer Association. It is located on the main level just off the front lobby and operates 6:30a.m. to 9:00p.m., seven days a week.
- The Gift Shop is a revenue service of the CMH Volunteer Association. It is operated with the help of many dedicated volunteers. The Gift Shop carries flowers, toiletries, baby and other assorted gifts. Located off the front lobby, its hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9:00a.m. to 7:30p.m. and 12:00noon to 4:00p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- HELPP lottery is a lottery operated daily outside the Tim Hortons Coffee Shop between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Revenue from this lottery goes to the CMH Volunteer Association and is used for the purchase of Hospital equipment.
- The Recovery Room Shop is a retail shop owned and operated by the Cambridge Memorial Hospital Volunteer Association. Located at 38 Ainslie Street North in downtown Galt, this seconds store offers a wide range of quality goods. All of the proceeds made at the Recovery Room shop go directly to the hospital for much needed medical equipment. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 10:00am to 4:30pm and Saturdays from 9:00am to 1:00pm. You can also make a donation of clothes or other slightly used goods by taking them directly to the shop. To contact the Recovery Room Shop, call – 519- 622-0701.
- Vendor Program is a revenue generating program where vendors come to the hospital lobby Tuesdays and Wednesdays of each week to sell various wares including, books, Jewelry, clothing and gift items. All proceeds go to the hospital for needed equipment.
- You must be 19 years of age or older
- Potential new volunteers must successfully complete a Health Assessment before commencing their placements. This includes TB testing and Flu Shot (in flu season)
- 2 References (relatives not accepted)
- Police records check
- 6 month commitment
- 2.5 hour hospital orientation
- One to One training specific to department
- Any additional training required