Volunteer Association Revenue Services
128 Years of Service
Cambridge Memorial Hospital Volunteer Association
Phone: 621-2333 ext. 1102
The CMH Volunteer Association has been providing assistance to Cambridge Memorial Hospital for 128 years. Many volunteers are needed to provide ongoing support to our patient service and revenue producing programs. All volunteers are members of the Volunteer Association and develop a commitment to volunteering at CMH. The Volunteer Association is always in need of volunteers who are able to donate time to enhance services to our patients and visitors. The minimum age to volunteer at CMH is 16 years old.
CMH is fortunate to have over 500 volunteers who, during the last year, provided over 40,000 hours of their time to the patients and staff at CMH. During 2012-2013, the hospital received more than $120,000 in donations from the Volunteer Association; this money primarily went to the purchase of much needed medical equipment.
The CMH Volunteer Association has four revenue producing services:
- The Tim Hortons Coffee Shop is owned by the CMH Volunteer Association. It is located on Level 0 in the Toyota Motors Manufacturing Cafeteria. Hours of operation are 6:30a.m. to 8:00p.m., Monday to Friday and 6:30a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- The Red Poppy Gift Shop is a revenue service of the CMH Volunteer Association. It is operated with the help of many dedicated volunteers. The Gift Shop carries flowers, toiletries, baby and other assorted gifts. Located in the Toyota Motors Manufacturing Cafeteria, its hours of operation are Monday to Friday 9:00a.m. to 7:30p.m. and 11:00a.m. to 4:00p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- The Recovery Room Shop is a retail shop owned and operated by the Cambridge Memorial Hospital Volunteer Association. Located at 38 Ainslie Street North in downtown Galt, this seconds store offers a wide range of quality goods. All of the proceeds made at the Recovery Room shop go directly to the hospital for much needed medical equipment. Hours of operation are Monday to Friday 10:00am to 4:30pm and Saturdays from 9:00am to 1:00pm. You can make a donation of clothes or other slightly used goods by taking them directly to the shop. To contact the Recovery Room Shop, call – 519- 622-0701.
- Vendor Program is currently on hold until the completion of construction. For more information, or to get on a waiting list, please contact Gloria Coppes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-621-2333 ext 1103.
- Must be 16 years or older to volunteer.
- Potential new volunteers must successfully complete a Health Assessment before commencing their placements. This includes proof of immunizations, TB testing and Flu Shot (in flu season)
- 2 References (relatives not accepted)
- Police records check
- 6 month commitment for adults and a 60 hour commitment for students
- 2.5 hour hospital orientation
- One to One training specific to department
- Any additional training required
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Cambridge Memorial Hospital. We try to match your interests with the most appropriate opportunities available. For more information, contact Jamie in Volunteer Services at, 621-2333 ext. 2401, or email email@example.com.