Vice President, Finance & Corporate Services & Chief Financial Officer (VP/CFO)
Closing date for this application is August 28, 2020
Join a hospital where everyone makes a difference! Accredited with Exemplary Standing, recently recognized by The Beryl Institute for our commitment to patient experience, nine years of incredibly strong financial and quality performance, a 240,000 sq. ft. new patient care wing opened in January this year and with that, a post-construction operating plan to expand services for Cambridge North Dumfries – that is just part of the Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) story!
If you are ready for helping us meet our next challenge and you have a zest to make an impact for a community, this is an opportunity not to pass on.
As a member of the senior leadership team, the VP/CFO will provide strategic leadership and ensure that CMH is accountable for meeting its organizational goals. The VP/CFO will lead the execution of several of the organization’s strategic priorities – leading work focused on program growth, joy in work and leading boldly.
The VP/CFO will provide overall leadership to a portfolio that includes Capital Redevelopment & Facilities, Diagnostic Imaging, Environmental Services, Finance & Procurement, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Laboratory Services and Pharmacy.
The VP/CFO will build on the solid financial stewardship CMH has achieved – enhance the financial acumen of the organization and contribute effectively as a partner at the Ontario Health Team and regional health system levels.
- Support the development and implementation of corporate goals and provide executive oversight and direction to all aspects of the portfolio to ensure that work undertaken within the portfolio is aligned with the strategic and operating goals of the hospital
- Serve as the senior source of advice, counsel and support in all areas of the financial management of the operations, fostering ethical, accountable decision making practices and stewardship of resources
- Provide the executive leadership for the hospital’s Employee Engagement Strategic Plan
- Provide financial leadership within the organization, including regular reporting (internal and external) of financial, statistical and organizational performance information – to support effective organizational decision making at all levels – Board, leadership, staff
- Support the relevant Board Committees and the Board
- Provide strategic oversight for the capital redevelopment plans of the hospital
- Foster and maintain an effective leadership team
- Model effective leadership practices by role modelling the organization’s values
- Promote collaboration and teamwork among staff within the portfolio and throughout the organization
Year 1 Success
Upon completing the first year in this role, the VP/CFO will have contributed to the success of CMH by:
- Development of the updated multi-year financial strategy that integrates a new hospital information system, infrastructure renewal and the ongoing capital needs for the hospital
- Advancing the year two work associated with the Employee Engagement Three Year Plan – including a focus on staff safety, ensuring a respectful workplace for all and enhancing staff involvement in decision making
- Working with our Ontario Health Team partner organizations to advance system integration
- Contributing to the achievement of the hospital’s other corporate priorities
- Ensuring strong linkages between portfolio goals and the hospital’s strategic plan
- Establishing strong relationships with leaders throughout the organization
- Developing processes to enhance accountability throughout the organization
- Meeting all obligations associated with the capital redevelopment project planning
- Developing positive working relationships with the Ministry of Health, Ontario Health and partner organizations
- Masters in Business/Health Administration and/or
- Relevant undergraduate degree and professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CPA)
- 10+ years of health care experience, ideally within the acute care hospital environment
- Track record of working effectively as part of a senior leadership team
- Track record of good Board, medical staff and external relations
- Ability to manage to specific performance standards and to hold staff accountable for performance
- Track record of developing others
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Collaborative, thoughtful, clear decision making style
- Approachable and accessible
- Strong business, financial and statistical acumen
- Passionate about the CMH values – Caring, Collaboration, Accountability, Innovation, Respect
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a changing and growing environment
- Driven to achieve results and to find opportunities to continuously improve service
- Strategic thinker
- Straight forward, transparent communication style
If you are seeking a rewarding leadership opportunity where you can shape a bright future and make a difference, please submit a covering letter and CV, in confidence to:
Susan Toth, Director, Human Resources
Cambridge Memorial Hospital
700 Coronation Blvd, Cambridge, ON N1R 3G2
Tel: 519-621-2333 extension 1327
Email c/o: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Cambridge Memorial Hospital
Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) is a thriving community hospital that proudly provides acute care services including: Emergency, Surgery, Medicine, Women’s and Children’s Health, Intensive Care, Mental Health, and Rehabilitation. Our vision is to provide exceptional healthcare by exceptional people with an emphasis on giving patients and their families an exceptional experience when they visit our hospital! Our dedicated and skilled staff are passionate about providing outstanding patient-centred care to the residents of Cambridge, North Dumfries, and the Region of Waterloo.
Join CMH as it leads in innovation and compassion. With a beautiful and caring community like no other, you are not just expanding our career; you are enhancing your life! To learn more about CMH, please visit our website at www.cmh.org.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.