Please read the lists below carefully. The hospital is not responsible for lost, misplaced and stolen items.
Please bring any personal assistive devices that you require for your appointment. For example, any communication or mobility device you many need like a walker, hearing aid, etc.
What to Bring
On the day of your admission, please bring:
- Your health card
- A list of all your medications, doses and times when they are to be taken
- Private Insurance information if you have extra coverage
- Your advanced directives, if you have one written
- A bag to hold your clothing
- Slippers that fit well and are non-slip
- A denture cup for dentures
- Sanitary products if you are having gynecological surgery
- "Puffers" and Nitro spray
- Diapers and baby supplies if you are having a baby
If you are staying in hospital overnight, please also bring:
- Personal toiletries (i.e. toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, brush, feminine hygiene products, shaving supplies, facial tissue, soap, shampoo).
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses hearing aids and other aids such as walkers if you need them
- Housecoat and your own pillow if you wish
- The medicine you take in their original containers for the nurse to assess. Medicine provided by the hospital will be sent home with your loved one.
- An overnight bag with your name on it and is large enough to hold the above items plus the clothes you are wearing the day of admission.
What Not to Bring
- Any electrical equipment that requires plugging in
- Personal items
- Large sums of money
- Credit cards
- Valuables such as rings, earrings
Group content visibility:
Public - accessible to all site users