What to Bring
On the day of your admission, please bring:
- Your health card
- A list of all your medications, doses and times when they are to be taken
- Private Insurance information if you have extra coverage
- Your advanced directives, if you have one written
- A bag to hold your clothing
- Slippers that fit well and are non-slip
- A denture cup for dentures
- Sanitary products if you are having gynecological surgery
- "Puffers" and Nitro spray
- Diapers and baby supplies if you are having a baby
If you are staying in hospital overnight, please also bring:
- Personal toiletries (i.e. toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, brush, feminine hygiene products, shaving supplies, facial tissue, soap, shampoo).
- Eyeglasses, contact lenses hearing aids and other aids such as walkers if you need them
- Housecoat and your own pillow if you wish
- The medicine you take in their original containers for the nurse to assess. Medicine provided by the hospital will be sent home with your loved one.
- An overnight bag with your name on it and is large enough to hold the above items plus the clothes you are wearing the day of admission.
What Not to Bring
- Any electrical equipment that requires plugging in
- Personal items
- Large sums of money
- Credit cards
- Valuables such as rings, earrings
The hospital is not responsible for lost, misplaced and stolen items.