About This Program
The patient registration process is an important first step to receiving an exceptional care experience at our hospital. Key functions of Patient Registration include accurate patient identification, confirming the name of your family physician, adding your next of kin and the name of the person to contact in an emergency when we cannot reach your next of kin. Information that we collect from you is used to create your health information record and your armband. This information is used for your care and is shared within the circle of care. Click here to learn more about 'circle of care.'
We are open Monday to Friday from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm and closed weekends and all statutory holidays including Remembrance Day. All patients need to be registered before 4:45 pm.
Registration and all Clinics are closed on Remembrance Day.
Important: Patients needing tests before their surgery AND do not have a scheduled appointment should arrive to Patient Registration between 8:30 am and 2:30 pm.
What do I need to know?
When you arrive, show your health card to our friendly volunteer. If the volunteer is not available, sign in at the reception desk your first name only and provide the name of the physician treating you. Please have a seat in our waiting area and your name will be called when it is your turn to get registered. The following list is information that will be asked of you by our registration clerks. To help make your registration go smoothly, have all your forms completed (if given prior) and bring the following:
- Your Ontario Health Insurance (OHIP) card ; or your provincial health card
- Names and telephone numbers of your next of kin and emergency contact
- Surgeon's name or attending physician
- Family doctor's name
- A list of all the medications you are taking - Many pharmacies will print this list for you.
- Secondary insurance and type of room coverage you want if staying over night- e.g., semi-private, private (if you have insurance or wish to pay out of pocket). Ward rooms are covered under OHIP.
- Completed forms (if required by your Surgeon)
Once registered, you will be given an arm band to wear that will include your name, date of birth and unique identifier. Your record will be given to you to take to your appointment. Once registered, we will provide you with directions to the location of your appointment.
Review your extended health insurance coverage with your provider before you register with us to ensure coverage for services such as semi-private or private accommodations for inpatient services. Also ensure that you are aware of procedures or equipment that are not covered by OHIP. Please also note you may be required to pay for uninsured procedures or equipment before you have your appointment.
Who do we register?
We register patients for the following clinics:
- Fracture Clinic
- Urology Clinic
- Unscheduled Pre-Operative tests (8:30 am to 2:30 pm)
- Paediatric Pre-op Appointments
- Infection Prevention and Control
- RhoGam Clinic
- Internal Medicine
- Infection Control
- Joint Clinic (Hips and Knees)
We register patients for the following surgical services:
- Same day surgery (Adult and Pediatric)
- Surgical Admission (Adult and Pediatric)
- Caesarian Section (6 am scheduled for Birthing room)
- Pain Management (when additional resources are required)
- Minor Procedures
- Electroconvulsive Treatment
- Check-in for surgical admission
Where to find us
We are conveniently located right by the Main Entrance, just off the Main Lobby of Wing A.