The hospital is open for patient care. Emergency services, surgeries (urgent, emergency), cancer treatments, diagnostic tests and many other health care services continue during the pandemic. Note that visitor restrictions are in effect. You cannot bring someone with you to your appointment or emergency visit. This safety measure is to protect you and our staff, and physicians.
If you have an appointment at the hospital, you can expect the following (four items):
- Parking - prior to your visit, ask the booking clerk where it is best to park for your appointment.
- Entrances - You can access the hospital using one of three entrances (blue dots). Ask the booking clerk which entrance is best for you.
- Screening - everyone, including staff, patients and visitors are screened prior to coming into hospital. The screener will ask you a series of questions.
- Signs and symptoms of fever, respiratory illness (e.g., fever, difficulty breathing, worsening cough, etc.)
- Travel to or close contact with someone who has travelled outside of Ontario in the last 14 days prior to the onset of symptoms
- Whether you had close contact with a confirmed or probable case of coronavirus
Masks - masks are to be worn at all times while in hospital. You will be given a hospital supplied mask with instructions (see below) on how to properly use it.