There are times when a patient cannot be visited, such as when they are under quarantine for an infectious disease. If this is your situation, you can arrange a virtual visit. It is easy to arrange and the patient you wish to visit will be provided with a hospital iPad and some support to get connected. Check some of the benefits below for more detail. If you are interested in booking a virtual visit, access the on-line Virtual Visit (Zoom, FaceTime) Request Form.
Virtual visits have many benefits:
- Screening is not required.
- Appropriate for patients in isolation for COVID precautions.
- Not required to wear mask.
- Can do it from anywhere you have access to the internet.
- Bookings are from 11:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. in 30-minute time slots (Please note some units may have exceptions. You may check with Visitor Booking when finalizing your virtual visit).
- Can include multiple people at once.
- When using Zoom, FaceTime or similar options to connect with your loved one, we ask that you respect those around you and never include anyone in the video event or camera frame without their knowledge or permission.
Group content visibility:
Public - accessible to all site users