What is the Assistive Devices Program (ADP)?
ADP can cover 75% of the cost of devices and will directly reimburse the vendor. Patients are responsible for the remaining 25%. In some cases, ADP may be willing to cover up to 100% - such as for patients on social assistance like ODSP.
ADP is available for all Ontario residents with a valid Ontario Health Card. Your income is not considered. Group A Veterans may receive support from Veterans Affairs Canada instead.
For a checklist of how to obtain ADP funding for your lymphedema sleeve, please see our “To Do” list above. For general information about cancer, please select our “Cancer Care” link on the upper left of this page.
Forms and Resources
Local ADP Registered Authorizers:Peak Performance Health Centre Therapist Name: Carmen Horvat, RMT Phone #: 519-620-7325 Address: 614 Coronation Blvd, Cambridge ON N1R 3E8 Website: www.peakperformancehc.com e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Grandview Massage and Osteopathy Therapist Name: Jane Mical, RMT Phone #: 519-624-4001 Address: 167 Hespeler Road, Cambridge ON N1R 3H7 Website: https://www.grandviewmassage.ca/ e-mail: email@example.com You may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about other “ADP Registered Authorizers” in our area.
Local ADP Approved Vendors:Cambridge: Ontario Home health Address: 1515 King Street East, Unit 116 Cambridge ONN3H 3R6
Phone #: 519-624-7587 Kitchener: Motion Specialties Kitchener Address: 1362 Victoria Street North, Kitchener ON N2B 3E2 Phone #: 855-358-0414 Kitchener: National Home Health Care Address: 148 Weber Street East, Kitchener ON N2H 1C9 Phone #: 519-578-3188 Kitchener: The Nu Me Boutique Address: 815 Weber Street East, Unit 4 Kitchener ON N2H 1H5 Phone #: 519-571-9820 Waterloo: Westmount Place Pharmacy Address: 50 Westmount Road North, Unit D1 Waterloo ON N2L 2R5 Phone #: 519-886-7670 More
Community and Support Group Information:
Certified Lymphedema Therapists:Peak Performance Health Centre Therapist Name: Carmen Horvat, RMT Phone #: 519-620-7325 Address: 614 Coronation Blvd, Cambridge ON N1R 3E8 Website: www.peakperformancehc.com e-mail: email@example.com Grandview Massage and Osteopathy Therapist Name: Jane Mical, RMT Phone #: 519-624-4001 Address: 167 Hespeler Road, Cambridge ON N1R 3H7 Website: https://www.grandviewmassage.ca/ e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Crossfit Rebuild Therapist Name: Nancy Brent, RMT Phone #: 519-219-3355 Address: 1221 King St E, Cambridge, ON N3H 3P9 Website: https://www.crossfitrebuild.com e-mail: email@example.com or: firstname.lastname@example.org More
Click here for a printable version of this list
- STEP 1: Follow this link to get an “Application for Funding Pressure Modification Devices” form which can be filled out in Adobe Acrobat Reader and then saved and/or printed. At the time this was written, it was the second form listed. There is information about Adobe Acrobat Reader further down the page if you need it.
- STEP 2: Fill in your information on Section 1 (Page 1) and Section 3 (Page 5)
- STEP 3: Have your specialist physician (such as medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, internal medicine, surgeon, or general practitioner in oncology) complete Section 2 (Page 1) and Section 4 (Page 5).
Please note: this cannot be completed by your family doctor.
If you have been discharged from our clinic, please have your family doctor consult one of our Medical Oncologists to have this form completed.
- STEP 4: Your specialist physician will refer you to an “ADP Authorizer”
- STEP 5: Your “ADP Authorizer” will complete Sections 2a and 2b (Pages 1-4) and Section 4 (Page 6).
- STEP 6: Your “ADP Authorizer” will send you to a registered “ADP Vendor” and a certified “ADP Fitter”. The Vendor may also be your Fitter, or you may see more than 1 person for this step.
- STEP 7: Your “ADP Fitter” will measure and fit you for your device. Either the “ADP Fitter” or “ADP Vendor” will teach you about your device.
- STEP 8: Your “ADP Fitter” and “ADP Vendor” complete Section 4 (on page 6). The form should now be complete.
- STEP 9: The completed ADP form is sent to:
- STEP 10: Your application will be reviewed within 6-8 weeks. If your application is rejected, you will be notified in writing. If your application is accepted, ADP will let your “ADP Vendor” know. Your “ADP Vendor” will then contact you. If you choose to order your device before your application is reviewed, you will be responsible for the entire cost if the application is denied.