Hospital Ambassador (CURRENTLY Recruiting)
Greet hospital patients and visitors.
Remind all visitors to wash their hands with the sanitizer upon entering and exiting the hospital
Give directions and escort patients and visitors based on request from the Information Desk.
When time permits Ambassadors will ensure that there are 5 wheelchairs at the main desk, 5 at ER and 5 by Surgical Daycare service elevators and 2 in the Medical Day Clinic
Currently Recruiting –
- Mondays 7-10am,10-1pm,1-4pm 4-6pm
- Tuesdays 10-1pm,4-6pm
- Wednesdays 7-10am,10-1am,1-4pm,4-6pm
- Thursdays 10-1pm,1-4pm, 4-6pm
- Fridays 7-10am, 10-1pm,1-4pm,4-6pm
- Saturdays 9-12pm, 12-4pm
- Sundays 9-11am, 11-1pm,1-4pm,4-6pm
Gift Shop (CURRENTLY Recruiting)
The Gift Shop is one of the Volunteer Association's revenue generating services. If you enjoy retail sales and public interaction, this is for you.
Currently Recruiting – Evenings and Weekends
Information Desk (CURRENTLY Recruiting)
The Information Desk volunteer is often the first person visitors come into contact with when walking through the front entrance of the hospital. They are there to give visitors directions and general information. To become an Information Desk volunteer you must have customer service, computer and telephone experience.
Currently Recruiting – Evenings and Weekends
Emergency Waiting Room (CURRENTLY Recruiting)
The Emergency Department is a very interactive department. Volunteers can be found greeting patients, explaining triage, providing comfort measures such as a warm blanket or Kleenex, picking up medical records, making up specimen bags and charts giving directions and more.
Currently Recruiting – Variety of 2 - 4 hour shifts;
- Mondays 9-12:30pm, 12:30-4pm
- Tuesdays 12:30-4pm
- Wednesdays 9-12:30pm
- Thursdays 9-12:30pm, 12:30-4pm, 6-8pm
Diagnostic Imaging & CAT Scan (CURRENTLY Recruiting)
Volunteers in the Diagnostic Imaging department can be found in Ultrasound, Ontario Breast Screening Clinic, Fracture Clinic, X-ray and CAT Scan. Volunteers greet patients, make up bags and provide directions.
- Mondays 9-12pm
- Tuesdays 3-5pm
- Wednesdays 7-9am, 9-12pm, 12-4pm
- Thursdays 9-12pm, 12-3pm, 3-5pm
- Fridays 7-9am, 9-12pm 12-4pm
Medical Day Clinic Volunteers
Volunteers within this Program are a part of the CMHVA with the support of the Canadian Cancer Society. These Volunteers help support patients as they receive treatment. Our knowledgeable volunteers can help provide directions, sit with patients while they wait or receive treatment; they also provide comfort and refreshments. Medical Day Care volunteers provide information about the Canadian Cancer Society and other services patients can access, both at the clinic and in the community.
Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP)
- Review assignment and obtain any materials needed.
- Be sure to wash your hands before entering patients room and before going to another patient.
- Familiarize yourself with the activity assigned, present activity enthusiastically.Encourage participation; be positive.
- Engage each patient in his or her assigned therapeutic activity for at least 10 minutes each shift. Offer them every opportunity to show you how to perform the activity.
- Record observations on Volunteer Assignment sheet.
Volunteers will create a friendly environment by providing support, encouragement and companionship, but also provide specific assistance in 4 volunteer intervention programs.
- Visiting – socialization to prevent mental confusion during hospitalization
- Feeding Assistance – meal assistance and companionship
- Early Mobilization – assistance with walking and simple exercises
- Therapeutic Activities – activities to keep patients mentally stimulated during
Central Registration/Surgical Day Care
Central Registration is an area of the hospital where volunteers will greet patients and family members and direct them to the appropriate locations within Surgical Day Care and the hospital in general. Surgical Daycare Volunteers welcome patients and family members to the department, and help with the flow of the department.
CMH Foundation Office
Greet donors and other visitors to the Foundation
Open and sort the mail and donations
Take donation over the phone and be able to process credit card transactions
Assist with general office duties as required
Make calls to donors to thank them for donation
The Recovery Room Shop
The Recovery Room Shop is a seconds store operated by the CMH Volunteer Association, located in downtown Galt.
Serve and assist customers.
Straighten clothing racks
Put out new merchandise on floor
Tag and stamp clothing for sale
Note: Volunteer positions are not always available when you apply. We will do our best in placing you somewhere suitable if your first choice is not available.