CMH is all inclusive!
Manager Planning & Redevelopment
Gillian Dyck RN
Patient Experience Lead
Ontario has an important law. It is called the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. The act and its associated Regulations and Standards is the first of its kind in Canada . The goal is for all of us to work together to make Ontario more accessible to people with disabilities.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital is committed to promoting, providing and maintaining an environment where respect and dignity is demonstrated at all times. We support the needs of persons living with disabilities in accordance with the CMH Vision and Mission.
CMH supports patients and the public by providing alternate accessible formats and communication support upon request and within a reasonable timeframe.
We invite you to explore our Accessibility Plans and Regulations for more information on the steps we have taken to support this goal!
Accessibility Committee - Terms of Reference
Integrated Accessibility Regulation 191/11
- CMH provides its public Emergency preparedness plans in an accessible format, upon request, as soon as practicable in consultation with the person requesting. Contact for requests is through the release of information office ext. 1382.
- An individualized Emergency preparedness plan will be developed with a staff or volunteer person with a disability upon request. Contact for staff is through Human Resources, for volunteers through the volunteer manager at ext. 2368.
Customer Service Regulation
Policies & Procedures
- Accessibility Policy - Integrated Accessibility Standards 191/11
- Accessibility - Guide Dogs and Other Service Animals - Customer Service Regulation 429/07
- Accessibility Policy - Customer Service Standards 427/09
- Accessibility - Patient Feedback
- Accessibility - Personal Assistive Devices
- Accessibility - Support Person - Customer Service Regulation
- Accessibility - Training - Customer Service Regulation 429/07 and Integrated Accessible Standards 191/11
Education for Staff, Volunteers, Agents
Education for Staff, Volunteers, agents (physicians) and persons responsible for planning and policy are provided with training about the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005 and its Standards. The standards include the Customer Service Standard 429/07 and the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation 191/11 (IASR). The IASR is comprised of the Employment Standard, Information and Communication Standard, Transportation and Design of Public Spaces. It partners with the Ontario Human Rights Code to protect everyone’s right to equal opportunity and freedom from discrimination. Training is provided through a variety of methods including, face to face instruction, Fact sheets, and on-line modules. Updates regarding changes to the provision of services are provided through regular hospital communication channels.