If you have questions about parking, please contact either:
Parking Office (Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 4:00pm) at 519-621-2333 ext. 1334
Security (after hours, weekends, holidays) at ext. 1316
Jason Smith, Manager at ext. 3341 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to on-going construction, visitor parking is usually full between 0800 - 1700h, Monday to Friday. If you are able, arrange for someone to drive you to your appointment or consider visiting after hours when clinical activity slows.
If you choose to park, give yourself an extra 30+ minutes as you may need to wait until a spot opens. CMH also started a free valet service to help increase our parking capacity by making laneways in Lot #3 available for parking. Regular parking fees still apply.
Please note you do not have to pay for parking when you leave a parking lot within 15 minutes. Revenue from parking fees is used to support patient care and the purchase of hospital equipment.
Visitor Lot Information
You may park in Lot #2, Lot #3 & Lot #4
These parking lots are gated. You will need to press a button to get a parking stub and lift the gate. This stub will be used to pay for the time spent in the parking lot. Check the "Hospital Parking Lot Map" link for locations. For your convenience, you may use your credit card to enter both parking lots. If you do, you will not get a parking stub. When you leave, simply use the same card to open the gate.
|Lot #2, #3 & #4|
|Daily flat rate||$12.25|
|24-hr. Day Pass with in & out privileges (24-hr period starts at time of purchase)||$13.50|
|Pack of 5, 24-hr. Day Pass with in & out privileges||$33.75|
|Pack of 10, 24-hr. Day Pass with in & out privileges||$67.50|
|Pack of 30, 24-hr. Day Pass with in & out privileges||$202.50|
* Packs are 50% off the regular rate. Passes are transferable and valid for one (1) year from date of purchase. Packs can only be purchased at the Parking Office 0900 - 1600, Monday to Friday or at Security after hours, weekends and holidays. For more information, contact the Parking Office at 519.621.2333 ext. 1334.
How To Pay for Parking
There are three ways to pay for parking.
- To pay by the 1/2 hr, daily flat rate or 24-hr pass, you may use one of two pay stations located at the hospital:
a) Inside Wing C, level 1 by Switchboard. This pay station is convenient if you park to the side or the front of the hospital.
b) Outside the Main Entrance, near the Tim Hortons. This pay station is convenient for those who park at the rear of the hospital. Once you pay you will have 15 minutes to leave the lot.
- You can pay for your parking at the exit gate. Simply put the parking stub into the slot. When it shows the amount you need to pay, insert your credit card. You will not get a receipt using this method. Debit is not accepted at this time.
- If you use a credit card to enter the parking lot, you will not need to use the pay station. Just use the same credit card to exit the parking lot. You will not get a parking stub or a receipt using this method.
HINT: If you leave within the first 15 minutes of arriving, you will not be charged for parking.
How do multi-pass packs work?
Packs can only be purchased at the Parking Office 0900 - 1600, Monday to Friday or at Security after hours, weekends and holidays. For more information, contact the Parking Office at 519.621.2333 ext. 1334. The Parking Office is located in Wing C, Level 0. Security is located in the Emergency Department in Wing A, Level 1
You have one (1) year of purchase to use your 24-hr passes. Within this time frame, you may you may give any unused passes to friends or family.
To use the 24-hour pass, drive up to a parking gate. Do not press the button for a ticket. Instead, enter the 24-hr day pass into the slot to open the gate. The day pass becomes active when you first use it and it can be used for both visitor parking lots within this 24 hour period. To leave, use the same pass to lift the exit gate. You may enter and leave as often as you wish during the 24-hr period.
What if the parking lot is full?
Our hospital is undertaking a large construction project that has resulted indifficulties with parking. Please allow more time than necessary to get to your appointment. If you have a concern with parking, please contact the Parking Office (Monday to Friday, 0900 - 1400h) at ext. 1334, Security (Afterhours and weekends) at ext. 1316. Cars parked illegally will be ticketed and may be towed.
What happens if I lose my ticket?
You will be charged the full daily, flat rate.
What happens if the gate does not work?
If the gate does not open or you are having problems exiting, you will be able to speak to someone who can help you by pressing a call button at both the entrance and exit gates.
I want to park at the hospital:
- Drive onto property - as shown on map
- Drive up to the parking gate, push the button for a ticket (or use one of your pre-purchased 24-hour day passes)
- Park and take the ticket with you – TIP: if you leave within 15 minutes, you will not be charged
- Use the Main Entrance (fully accessible); Ambulatory Care entrance; Emergency Entrance to enter the hospital
- Pay for parking before you go to your car using your parking ticket. There are pay kiosks at on Level 1, in the Wing C elevator lobby and the Main Entrance. You may also use your credit card to pay at the exit gate.
- If paying at the kiosk, use ticket to leave CMH grounds
I want to drop someone off and not park at the hospital:
- Drive onto hospital property at the traffic lights where you can access Lots #3 & #4
- Drop off your loved one at one of three entrances – Emergency, Switchboard Entrance and Ambulatory Care Entrance
I need a wheelchair:
- Wheelchairs are available at all entrances
I need to visit my loved one between 8:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.:
- You may park in Lot #3 and use the Main Entrance
I need help finding my way:
- Information Desk near the Main Entrance by Tim Hortons, Wing C, Level 0
- Volunteer Ambassadors - Ambassadors will walk with you to your destination
- Staff are always happy to provide directions
- Security Desk in the Emergency Department
- Switchboard in Wing C, Level 1
I need more information:
- Check the alert banner at top of webpage to access the latest construction information (if published)
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- Call the Parking Office at 519-621-2333 ext. 1334 between 0900 - 1600h. See box at top of the page for other contact numbers.