If you have questions about parking, please contact either:
Parking Office (Mon - Fri, 9:00am - 2:00pm) at 519-621-2333 ext. 1359
Security (after hours, weekends, holidays) at ext. 1316
Ken Jones, Manager at ext. 3341 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Patients and visitors can park in Visitor Parking Lot #3 (to the side and rear of the hospital) and Visitor Lot #4 (front). To access both parking lots, please use the entrance by Wing C (Ambulatory Care) at the new traffic lights.
Visitor Lot Information
Lot #3 & Lot #4
These parking lots are gated and can only be accessed from the entrance by Wing C. You will need to press a button to get a parking stub and lift the gate. This stub will be used to pay for the time spent in the parking lot.
For your convenience, you may also use your credit card to enter both parking lots. If you do, you will not get a parking stub. When you leave, simply use the same card to open the gate.
|Lot #3 & #4|
|Daily flat rate||$12.00|
|24-hr. Day Pass with in & out privileges (24-hr period starts at time of purchase)||$13.50|
|Pack of 5, 24-hr. Day Pass with in & out privileges||$33.75|
|Pack of 10, 24-hr. Day Pass with in & out privileges||$67.50|
|Pack of 30, 24-hr. Day Pass with in & out privileges||$202.50|
* Packs are 50% off the regular rate. Passes are transferable and valid for one (1) year from date of purchase. Packs can only be purchased at the Parking Office 0900 - 1400, Monday to Friday or at Security after hours, weekends and holidays. For more information, contact the Parking Office at 519.621.2333 ext. 1359.
How To Pay for Parking
There are three ways to pay for parking.
- To pay by the 1/2 hr, daily flat rate or 24-hr pass, you may use one of two pay stations. One pay station is located inside Wing A, level 2 by Switchboard. This pay station is most convenient if you park to the side or the front of the hospital. Another pay station is located by the Main Entrance, outside of the cafeteria (Tim Hortons). This pay station is convenient for those who park at the rear of the hospital. Once you pay you will have 15 minutes to leave the lot.
- You can pay for your parking at the exit gate. Simply put the parking stub into the slot. When it asks you to pay, insert your credit card. You will not get a receipt using this method. Debit is not accepted at this time.
- If you use a credit card to enter the parking lot, you will not need to use the pay station. Just use the same credit card to exit the parking lot. You will not get a parking stub or a receipt using this method.
If you leave within the first 15 minutes of arriving, you will not be charged for parking.
How do multi-pass packs work?
Packs can only be purchased at the Parking Office 0900 - 1400, Monday to Friday or at Security after hours, weekends and holidays. For more information, contact the Parking Office at 519.621.2333 ext. 1359.
You may use any of the 24-hr passes within one (1) year of purchase. Within this one year period, you may give a pass to a friend or loved one.
To use it, drive up to the parking gate. Do not press the button for a ticket. Instead, enter the 24-hr day pass into the slot to open the gate. The day pass becomes active when you first use it and it can be used for both visitor parking lots within this 24 hour period. To leave, use the same pass to lift the exit gate. You may enter and leave as often as you wish during the 24-hr period.
What if the parking lot is full?
Our hospital is undertaking a large construction project, which has resulted in some difficulties with parking. Please allow more time than necessary to get to your appointment. If you have a concern with parking, please contact the Parking Office (Monday to Friday, 0900 - 1400h) at ext. 1359, Security (Afterhours and weekends) at ext. 1316. Cars parked illegally will be ticketed and may be towed.
What happens if I lose my ticket?
You will be charged the full daily, flat rate.
What happens if the gate does not work?
If the gate does not open or you are having problems exiting, you will be able to speak to someone who can help you by pressing a call button at both the entrance and exit gates.
I want to park at the hospital:
- Drive onto property at the east entrance with NEW traffic lights - as shown on map
- Drive up to gate, push the button for a ticket (or use one of your pre-purchased 24-hour day passes)
- Park and take the ticket with you – TIP: if you leave within 15 minutes, you will not be charged
- Use the New Main Entrance (fully accessible) to the rear of the hospital or the Ambulatory Care Entrance (walk-in only – not wheelchair accessible)
- Pay for parking before you go to your car using your parking ticket. There are pay kiosks at the Ambulatory care Entrance and New Main Entrance. You may also use your credit card to pay at the exit gate.
- If paying at the kiosk, use ticket to leave CMH grounds
I want to drop someone off and not park at the hospital:
- Drive onto hospital property at the new traffic lights
- You may drop off your loved one at one of three entrances – Emergency, Switchboard Entrance and Ambulatory Care Entrance
I need a wheelchair:
- Wheelchairs are available at all entrances
I need to visit my loved one between 8:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.:
- You may park in Lot #3 and use the New Main Entrance
I need help finding my way:
- Information Desk near the New Main Entrance, A Wing, Level 1
- Volunteer Ambassadors - Ambassadors will walk with you to your destination
- Staff are always happy to provide directions
- Security Desk in the Emergency Department
- Switchboard in Wing A, Level 2
I need more information:
- Check the alert banner at top of webpage to access the latest construction information
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- Call 519.621.2330 (Switchboard)