About This Program
Location and Parking
The clinic is located in Wing D, Level 0. The parking lot closest to this entrance is Visitor Lot #4. Please enter through the "D" doors - you will see a large "D" sign near this entrance. See graphic below.
Anesthesia Pain Clinic
Injections and/or Nerve Blocks for chronic pain patient information
What I Need to Know
You will meet your pain specialist when you come in for your first appointment, important reminders for your first appointment.
- Bring a list of all the medications and supplements you are taking
- Wear loose comfortable clothing
- Please bring any personal assistive devices that you require to support you for your appointment. For example, any communication or mobility device you many need like a walker, hearing aid,
- Bring a valid health card to every visit; Clinic fees are covered by OHIP
- WSIB information (if applicable)
- This is a scent free facility, please refrain from wearing perfumes and scents to your appointments
- Please note you can expect up to a 30 minute wait to be seen by the pain specialist
- Please eat something and take scheduled medications prior to first appointment
- Please note that referrals to the pain clinic are from your health care provider; you cannot refer yourself to the clinic at this time.
Patients will be contacted directly by phone with an appointment date and time. Please note:
- If you cannot make the appointment, please contact our receptionist at 519-621-2333 extension 1120 or email painclinic@CMH.org to cancel or reschedule
- The Pain Clinic requires 48 hours notice if you wish to cancel your appointment
New patients referred to the clinic will be notified by phone of their appointment date and time. Please note, it can take up to 8 months to be scheduled for your first appointment.
To refer your patient to CMH pain clinic please reference this letter. Please fax completed referral documents to 519-740-4948