About This Program
Cambridge Memorial Hospital provides supportive and therapeutic services to people in Cambridge and North Dumfries who are experiencing mental health difficulties.
Cambridge Memorial Hospital (CMH) Mental Health program is currently accepting applications for Family Advisors. The goal of the advisor is to provide a family member perspective to CMH decision making processes and services. Advisors will make recommendations that will influence and support CMH’s goal to provide an exceptional experience for patients and their families. Click to find out more information and apply to become a Mental Health Family Advisor.
Types of Mental Health Care provided by CMH include:
- Crisis intervention
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Medication and psychiatric consultation
- Family support and education. Click here to register and find out more information about Mental Health Family Education Series/Young Adult Family Night
- Community consultation and outreach
- Psychiatric emergency services
- Consultations to the Hospital
Child and Family Services
Services provide assessment and treatment of children & youth under 18 years of age and their families. Interventions address severe and persistent mental illness in order to optimize emotional, social and behavioural functioning. The program values family involvement in treatment. Those accessing treatment will receive one or more of the following services: Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Case Management in individual, family and group settings.
These services are offered to people 18 years of age and older who have mood, anxiety and adjustment disorders, including those who have a serious and persistent mental illness. People accessing these service(s) may receive assessment, short term case management, group programs and recreation and leisure therapy.
Seniors Mental Health Services
Assessment and treatment for people over 65 years of age who have a deteriorating complex health condition that includes mental, physical and/or behavioural difficulties. Services are primarily provided through home visits and visits to long-term care facilities.
Mental Health Day Hospital
The Day Hospital is a group-based day program for people over the age of 18 with a mental health diagnosis. Group therapy is provided Monday through Friday from 0900 – 1700hrs. The Day Hospital opened in 2012 and is currently accepting internal referrals with plans to expand in the future.
Mental Health Schedule Inpatient Unit
CMH’s Inpatient Mental Health program is a 20 bed unit providing people with a safe place to recover from and learn about their Mental Health. Holistic treatment and support is provided by psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, occupational and recreational therapists.
What I Need to Know
Location of Services
- Click to see map.
- If you enter using the Wing D (Ambulatory Care) entrance, turn left, take elevators to Level 2, turn right and go into Community Mental Health Clinic.
- If you enter using the Main Entrance at the rear of the hospital, go through the cafeteria/Tim Hortons area and turn right. Go to the Wing D elevators. Take the elevators to to Level 2, turn right and go into Community Mental Health Clinic.
- Enter the Main Entrance at the rear of the hospital, go through the cafeteria/Tim Hortons area and turn left. Go to the Wing B elevators. Go to Level 4. The Inpatient Mental Health Unit is to your left. The unit is locked. To enter the unit, please pick up the phone outside the unit’s entrance and speak with nursing staff.
Professional staff available to work with you includes nurses, psychologists, social workers, recreation therapists, occupation therapists, psychiatrists and support staff.