Please be advised the COVID-19 Assessment Centre on Holiday Inn Drive is now closed. All assessments, vaccination, treatment and PCR testing for the Region of Waterloo is being done at 66 Pinebush Rd. in Cambridge (former Rona site). Read media release. Read the information below for more details.
The Regional COVID Care Coffers COVID-19 PCR testing (for individuals who qualify as per guidelines set out by the Ontario Government) and assessment for those with COVID-19 symptoms. It also offers vaccinations and paxlovid treatment and remdesivir infusions based on provincial eligibility guidelines. If you have COVID-19 symptoms that require a medical exam, please book an appointment by calling 226.806.5690 or by visiting this link. If you are eligible for an appointment, please bring a list of your medications and a list of any important medical conditions.
A full list of eligible individuals can be found at Updated Eligibility for PCR Testing and Case and Contact Management Guidance in Ontario. The Regional COVID Care Clinic remains by appointment only.
This page is organized into the following sections:
- Who should seek treatment
- What to do before you book
- Paxlovid - Self-screening tool and patient information
- How to book a COVID test
- Clinic Hours of Operation
- Directions to the Regional COVID Care Clinic
|Mild symptoms:||Moderate symptoms:||Severe symptoms:|
And/or two of:
If you are experiencing any of the above severe symptoms, call 911 or visit the nearest Emergency Department.
What to do before before you book
- Determine if you require a COVID-19 test by completing a self-assessment. Please note the assessment centre does not test for antibodies to see if you had COVID-19 in the past.
The Regional COVID Care Clinic offers both Covid-19 testing (for individuals who qualify as per guidelines set out by the Ontario Government) and medical exams for those with COVID-19 symptoms. If you have COVID-19 symptoms that require a medical exam, and your regular health care provider cannot/will not see you, please book an appointment. You will receive an in-person assessment by a Nurse and/or Physician at our centre. Please bring a list of your medications and a list of any important medical conditions.
As of December 31, 2021, publicly-funded PCR testing will only be available to high-risk individuals who are symptomatic and/or are at risk of severe illness from COVID-19. This includes testing for:
- the purposes of confirming a COVID-19 diagnosis to begin treatment
- workers and residents in the highest risk settings,
- vulnerable populations.
Paxlovid - Self Assessment and Patient Information
The following tools and information for patients and primary care and healthcare providers have been provided
- COVID-19 Antiviral Screening Tool to help patients determine if they should seek care and are eligible for antiviral treatment (Ontario Health)
- Patient handout with information on who can get Paxlovid, how to get assessed for treatment, and how Paxlovid works (Ontario Health)
- Are COVID-19 Treatments Right for You? (University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy)
- Frequently Asked Questions: Treatment Options for Mild COVID-19 (University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy)
How to book a COVID-19 test
To arrange for a test at the Cambridge-North Dumfries Community COVID-19 Assessment Centre you must book an appointment. You have two options:
- Call 226.806.5690. You will need your Health Card.
- Self scheduling for PCR testing is available through Grand River Hospital's Website. You will need your Health Card.
Clinic hours of operation
- Open seven days a week- 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Directions to CMH, CND COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- The Regional COVID Care CLinic is located at 66 Pinebush Rd. in Cambridge.
- There is ample, free parking at this site.