Do not seek testing if you have mild symptoms. If you have a positive result from a rapid antigen test, you are no longer required or encouraged to get a confirmatory PCR or rapid molecular test. If you are not eligible for testing, but feel you require an in person medical examination for acute symptoms and your regular health provider cannot or will not see you, please book the medical examination appointment option.
A full list of eligible individuals can be found at Updated Eligibility for PCR Testing and Case and Contact Management Guidance in Ontario. Testing and assessment centres remain by appointment only.
This page is organized into the following sections:
- Who should seek treatment
- What to do before you book
- Paxlovid - Self-screening tool and patient information
- How to book a COVID test
- Clinic Hours of Operation
- Directions to the COVID-19 Asessment Centre
- Other Testing and Assessment Centres
|Mild symptoms:||Moderate symptoms:||Severe symptoms:|
And/or two of:
These are the symptoms that the COVID-19 clinical assessment centre are designed to treat
If you are experiencing any of the above severe symptoms, call 911 or visit the nearest Emergency Department.
What to do before before you book
- Determine if you require a COVID-19 test by completing a self-assessment. Please note the assessment centre does not test for antibodies to see if you had COVID-19 in the past.
- Do not seek testing at multiple COVID-19 assessment centres. This will result in delayed access and delayed test results for all. If you have already booked an appointment at an assessment centre and can no longer make it, please cancel and rebook your time so others who need a test can be seen.
As of December 31, 2021, publicly-funded PCR testing will only be available to high-risk individuals who are symptomatic and/or are at risk of severe illness from COVID-19. This includes testing for:
- the purposes of confirming a COVID-19 diagnosis to begin treatment
- workers and residents in the highest risk settings,
- vulnerable populations.
Paxlovid - Self Assessment and Patient Information
The following tools and information for patients and primary care and healthcare providers have been provided
- COVID-19 Antiviral Screening Tool to help patients determine if they should seek care and are eligible for antiviral treatment (Ontario Health)
- Patient handout with information on who can get Paxlovid, how to get assessed for treatment, and how Paxlovid works (Ontario Health)
- Are COVID-19 Treatments Right for You? (University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy)
- Frequently Asked Questions: Treatment Options for Mild COVID-19 (University of Waterloo School of Pharmacy)
How to book a COVID-19 test
To arrange for a test at the Cambridge-North Dumfries Community COVID-19 Assessment Centre you must book an appointment. You have two options to book the test:
Option 1 (preferred option): Book online using MyVisit - https://myvisit.cmh.org. You will need your Health Card.
- The system will only allow you to book a same-day or next-day appointment
- There is no drive-thru testing option at this site
Option 2: Call 226.895.1050 - Please stay on the line for the next available booking clerk. You will need your Health Card.
Clinic hours of operation
- Monday to Friday - 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Weekends and holidays - 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (closed December 25, 2021 and January 1, 2022)
Directions to CMH, CND COVID-19 Assessment Centre
- CMH's COVID-19 Asessment Centre is located at 215 Holiday Inn Drive in Cambridge.
- There is ample, free parking at 215 Holiday Inn Drive.
The Assessment's Centre's Road Sign (215 Holiday Inn Drive)
COVID Centre's building and front entrance
Other Testing & Assessment Centres
- Grand River Hospital COVID-19 Testing Centre
- Hours of operation: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- A referral is not required
- Bring your health card
- Call 226-806-5690 for information.
- St. Mary’s General Hospital COVID-19 Testing Centre
- Hours of operation: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- A referral is not required
- You can call 519-885-9517 to schedule an appointment.